LiquidNinjas.com - Overclocking, Liquid Cooling

LiquidNinjas.com - Overclocking, Liquid Cooling (http://www.liquidninjas.com/bbs/index.php)
-   Front Page News From Around The Web (http://www.liquidninjas.com/bbs/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Pirate Bay Judge Found To Be A Member Of Various Copyright Associations (http://www.liquidninjas.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=15732)

DCMan 04-24-2009 06:19 AM

Pirate Bay Judge Found To Be A Member Of Various Copyright Associations

Quote:

The judge in the Pirate Bay copyright case has been accused of bias, after he was found to be a member of a copyright protection group.
Four members of the Pirate Bay BitTorrent site were found guilty and sentenced to a year in prison. They have already filed an appeal, and are planning to include the new information about Swedish judge Tomas Norström.

Link

Kill-Switch 04-24-2009 06:31 AM

What do you expect, wouldn't be surprised if more people were paid off to find them guilty.

sadako1 04-24-2009 10:43 AM

Conflict of interest, anyone? It's amazing that they didn't pick up on this sooner!

DCMan 04-24-2009 09:53 PM

Exactly... This is the bit which is just completely ridiculous though:

Quote:

According to a report on Swedish news site The Local, Norström (The Judge) is a member of the Swedish Copyright Association and on the board of the Swedish Association for the Protection of Industrial Property. He reportedly told Swedish station Sveriges Radio: “My view has been that these activities do not constitute a conflict of interest.
<Dr Evil...> Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrright.... </Dr Evil>

unacceptable_risk 04-25-2009 01:22 AM

Oh your kidding.. Thats rediculous.

Aside from the case being overturned.. That Judge should lose his position for failing to declare the clear and obvious conflict of interest.

WackyComputer 04-25-2009 01:29 PM

Blaming a BitTorrent site for copyright violations is like blaming a gun shop for murder.

Player0 04-26-2009 12:14 PM

Well, you can blame a gun shop for murder, at least accessory too, if you can prove they delivered weapons to unauthorized people.

It's a bad example. A better example is... well, a neighborhood yard sale. People in the neighborhood sell or give away anything they like. So if someone is selling pot at their little table, it'd be like taking the organizers of the yard sale to prison.

And then the courts would find similarity between the terms 'yard' and 'grass' and deem that the organizers REALLY meant POT Sale instead of Yard Sale. And therefor are even more guilty.

Synthohol 04-26-2009 12:40 PM

here in nj if anyone in your car is found with illegal anything especially drugs the driver takes the rap.
not sure how that applies to the OP but i had to point that out.

Cabal 04-26-2009 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Synthohol (Post 123967)
here in nj if anyone in your car is found with illegal anything especially drugs the driver takes the rap.
not sure how that applies to the OP but i had to point that out.

yea that law has landed me in hot water more than once :/

mitline 12-24-2009 06:58 PM

spam me
wayroodney1.23+6@gmail.com